Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose...

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.
H3C titles are also available from most of your favorite online retailers including Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords, as well as many others.

African Books Collective

African Books Collective
Order Human Change Communications Company titles from our UK distributor, African Books Collective.

Enjoy a wide variety of best-selling books and magazines from Nigeria's Largest Digital Library

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Namita Sonthalia-At the Threshold of Love. A Gripping Tale About Love and Friendship Seen from an Indian Perspective. Always a Pleasure



I am an open book. My life and stories are written everyday with enthusiasm, charisma, adventure and mystery. I am a woman of words who finds solace in all of the things that are beautiful. My profession defines me as a writer, content developer, blogger and an author, but I am a dreamer! I believe that what we can think, we can achieve. I am a miracle worker! Be it a work of fiction in the form of my maiden novel, “At the Threshold of Love”, or the theoretical content creation for websites across industries that I spawn.

Ruyi: WOW! Tell us something about your new book
It’s the story of a beautiful Indian girl called Ahaana who meets a lonely man, Ronit. They fell in love and were unaware that it had happened! Would that be enough to rewrite their future? Ahaana runs an event management company called 'The Threshold of Love' with her childhood friend, Ansh. Celebrating love in the lives of her clients, she is unknown to the emotion herself. Only until business tycoon Ronit Malhotra arrived at her doorstep to get his wedding planned. At first sight, she experienced what weak knees are, but was unable to come to terms with the emotion. Soon, Ronit could not ignore Ahaana's charm and energy. When things spiral out of control, Ahaana meets the fun-loving stranger Soham at her cousin's wedding. As an arranged marriage is set between them, will true love and passion make way for the inevitable and rewrite destiny?



Ruyi: Are your books available as eBooks? How involved were you in that process? Do you read eBooks or is it paper all the way?
Yes, my book is available in the eBook format across all platforms. In today’s era, it is vital to stay placed in all the segments where you are looked for. A reader comes in all forms and if they prefer an ebook, they will get that. As a writer, I need to reach out to my readers, wherever they are! About me, my love for books goes a long way back and thus I am partial to paperback. EBooks definitely are a boon though and I have read a number of titles in that format as well.

Ruyi: Which of your book is your favorite?

I have published just one book as yet, At the Threshold of Love! With my second book down the publishing line, I still will be passionately inclined towards my first work.

Ruyi: If any of your books were made into a movie, who would you have as the leading actor?

Wow! If that happened, fifteen years ago I would say Mr. Shah Rukh Khan. But now that would be doubtful. So maybe ZacAfron or RanbirKapoor might do justice to it.

Ruyi: Do you think self publishing is the future of book publishing?

Yes, it pretty much could be. But there is a thing about traditional publishing that goes a long way.

Ruyi: What place does writing or content creation hold in your life? 

I have been writing since as early at 8 years. So it pretty much sums up the value it holds in my life.

Ruyi: That’s interesting, Namita! What is your writing process, or a typical writing day routine? 

I do not have a specific hour at which I write. If it’s professional, then I do delegate a pattern or time table to my work. But in case of my books, it entirely based on when I can be at peace within when on a journey with my protagonists.

Ruyi: What marketing techniques have been most effective for you? 

Digital marketing and simply getting the word about my book out there regularly makes a huge difference. It is important to remind the reader of the options they have that they haven’t yet explored.

Ruyi: What do you think makes a book or content sell? 

Authenticity, emotion, connection, drama, possibility and a lot of other things. It is all about how well you could create an image within the mind of the reader or how you couldn’t.

Ruyi: I quite agree with you. What's the most moving or affecting thing a reader has said to you? 

“I have developed an eternal love for Ronit” (my lead protagonist), a reader once told me.
“Books are my first love, and this book is my soul mate,” said another.

Ruyi: What are your favorite books, and why? 

“Messages in a bottle” by Nicholas Sparks, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Roald Dahl, “Anne and the French kiss” by Stephanie Perkins, “Many Master Many Lives” by Dr. Brian Weiss, and my forever favorite, “At the Threshold of Love” by Namita Sonthalia. I connected to these books like none other.

Ruyi: Who are your favorite authors and what do you like the most about them? 

Nicholas Sparks, Dan Brown and Dr. Brian Weiss.

Ruyi: Tell us about the works that you are currently working on and their progress.

I have just completed my second book and it’s underway towards publication.

Ruyi: What challenges do you think are faced by writers and content creators like you, and what's the worst thing about the industry according to you? 

Writing is not the challenge but the journey towards getting your book into the hands of the readers, that is. No matter what potential your book has, there are a zillion more coming out every day. Like Sir Ruskin Bond said, my country is under the threat of have too many writers and too few readers.

 Ruyi: Apart from writing, what goals do you want to achieve in life? 

I just want to stay a good human being who is remembered for living life truly and wholeheartedly.

Ruyi: What message do you want to share with budding writers and content creators? 

Read! Reading opens up windows that one never knew of. It helps you live a life apart from what already captures you. It helps you either expand your senses or take you away on a journey when all you want to do is travel! As a writer, believe in what you write and the moment it comes from your heart, it can never go wrong. Try reading your own work as many times as you can. If you don’t get bored of it, no one else will.




Meet Namita Sonthalia...







Share Now