Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose...

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.
H3C titles are also available from most of your favorite online retailers including Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords, as well as many others.

African Books Collective

African Books Collective
Order Human Change Communications Company titles from our UK distributor, African Books Collective.

Enjoy a wide variety of best-selling books and magazines from Nigeria's Largest Digital Library

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Ruyi's World of Books & Stories Author Interview with Denis Olasehinde Akinmolasire





Q. How would you describe yourself? 

I feel I’m a down to earth person who is looking to explore a hidden talent.  I’m also keen on showing the world that software engineers can be creative as they have a perception of being geeky/nerdy.

Q. Tell us something about the books that you have written and the story behind them. 

I have had certain troubles and experiences in finding love and had to overcome various hurdles to achieve my ambitions in life.  I wanted to share my thoughts on how to handle disappointments in life, what to do when you achieve your ambitions, staying hungry and what it means to love someone.  I’m hoping that my first book Love, War and Glory: Spoken Words for All Seasons will inspire people to not give in and offer encouragement regardless of what stage they are at in life.

Q. What place does writing hold in your life, how has been your writing journey so far? 

I have always enjoyed writing but because of my career and where my life took me I never had the chance to explore it further.  Then the opportunity arose to write my first book.

Q. What is your writing process, a typical writing day routine?

I don’t have a typical process.  I have always written when the ideas and imagination have flowed.  I always tend to write from my heart.

Q. What book marketing techniques have been most effective for you? 

Blogger sites such as yours, book reviews and reaching to people.  There have been numerous occasions when I have been on the train or out and about handing out flyers, speaking to people about my book and people have bought the book off me or on Amazon straight away.

Q. What do you think makes a book sell, or makes a reader buy it? 

Being able to have a connection to the author and/or the subject matter of the book.

Q. What's the most moving or affecting thing a reader has said to you? 

A lot of the people who have read my book have said they felt like I was having a conversation with them.  In addition they felt they could relate to the topics I bought up. Which I really appreciated as that is exactly what I was trying to do.

Q. What are your favourite three books, and why? 

Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare as I felt the book was ahead of it’s time. Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dalh as I respected the ingenuity of Mr Fox.  I’m also enjoying Into the Vault: Fighting the battle for your heart as it was written by a friend of mines called Tolu Adesina.  It’s a very brave book and she really let her heart out with it.

Q. Who are your favourite three authors and what do you like the most about them?

Roald Dalh because he gave me a lot of childhood memories. William Shakespeare as I felt his work was ahead of it’s time.  I will also include Isaac  Asimov as I did enjoy his I Robot series.

Q. Tell us about the books that you are currently writing and their progress.

My next book is a fiction book that visits the story of slavery and explores what it would take to eliminate it from history.  It will also be the first book under my own publishing imprint/name called Akinster Books.

Q. What challenges do you think are faced by writers, what's the worst thing about the book industry according to you?

How to market themselves and build a reader list is I think an authors biggest challenge.  If you are self published you probably won’t have the resources to use platforms such as T.V so that is another challenge.  In addition I feel there are quite a few companies that take advantage of an author’s dream and extort money from them for very little return.  Also authors tend to focus on writing the book and not how to market/promote it something that I learned the hard way.  If you look at industries such as movies they don’t just release a film they have at least a 3 to 4 month building block to promote it.  Authors need to do exactly the same with their books and leverage pre sale to get exposure and interest.


Q. Apart from writing, what goals do you want to achieve in life?

In my day job I am a software engineer.  I have ambitions to further myself in that craft.  Mainly I just want to be able to happy and be able to look after my family when the time comes.

Q. What message do you want to share with budding writers? 

Pick up your pen/laptop and start writing.  However writing is the easy part.  Marketing and promotion is the challenge.  Start that early.




Buy Love, War and Glory at: 





No comments:

Post a Comment