Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose...

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.
H3C titles are also available from most of your favorite online retailers including Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords, as well as many others.

African Books Collective

African Books Collective
Order Human Change Communications Company titles from our UK distributor, African Books Collective.

Enjoy a wide variety of best-selling books and magazines from Nigeria's Largest Digital Library

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

HOW BOOKS TURNED MY LIFE AROUND by Tamara Rasheed


5 1/2 YEARS AGO, MY 4 CHILDREN AND I WERE HOMELESS, SLEEPING ON A PULL-OUT COUCH. HERE’S HOW BOOKS TURNED MY LIFE AROUND.

In 2017, I had just started my publishing agency at the beginning of that year.

I had 17 books of my own across genres, best selling fiction and nonfiction books. I looked awesome on paper but was so miserable.

My mentors at the time decided to start sending me high ticket referrals, not taking into consideration that I may have some mindset issues.

I had imposter syndrome, serious procrastination issues, and I self-sabotaged. 

And I had no vocabulary for what was happening. I just saw myself imploding sometimes.

I was constantly feeling stuck.

I closed a $3,000 sale and became arrogant, self-sabotaging everything and losing the place I was renting.

I thought I could convince my landlord to treat a pest problem in my back yard if I put in my 30 day notice to quit the property.

No plan b of course because I thought I had the upper hand as an OK tenant that paid rent on time (doing what I was supposed to do).

He took plan A and we had to leave in 30 days.

I ended up moving my children into my little sister's 2 bedroom townhouse - 5 people sleeping on 1 pull out couch.

It was simultaneously the best and worst decision I could have made. 

It made me really think about how serious I was about my business because it was causing me so much stress. 

You see, if I never lost everything, I never would have had the courage to be here with you today. 

I needed to be humbled and to really take control of how I showed up.

I focused on taking care of my family because of my book business.

I focused on improving my personal and professional development because of my book business.

I changed the way I approached writing books because I wanted the people I wrote for to know how much I love them.

I used the profits from that sale to go out on a limb and buy a property that required me to heal it for it to show me love back.

When you really believe in something, you will overcome all obstacles in the way of being successful.

I went from homelessness, welfare, child support, and unemployment to building a 6 figure book business that serves hundreds of people.

I didn't quit. I allowed it to make me better and address the things that held me back. 

I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment