Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose...

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.
H3C titles are also available from most of your favorite online retailers including Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords, as well as many others.

African Books Collective

African Books Collective
Order Human Change Communications Company titles from our UK distributor, African Books Collective.

Enjoy a wide variety of best-selling books and magazines from Nigeria's Largest Digital Library

Friday, August 4, 2017

Love Your Neighbour as Yourself by Usman Rayyanu Dabai.

When I was in the school of Remedial studies, ABU Funtua, I shared a room for nine months with a fellow student who was a Christian!
In the morning, I prayed my Subh prayers at one end of the room mentioning 'Allahu Akbar' almost a million times, while he knelt at other end of the room praying in the name of JesusI prayed in Arabic, he prayed in tongue!

Back then, my trousers stopped at my ankle, and I kept bears and took pride in it. My friend wore jeans and shirts and was happy.

I hardly shook hands with the opposite sex, but my friend could shake hands with the entire women in Africa. 

I only played Islamic songs, while he played Christian songs.

 But we respect each other. We knew our boundaries.

Each time he swept the room, even in my absence, he treated my Quran with the same level of respect he did his Bible. 

We had mutual respect for each other, and knew our limits.

He's many things I'm not, and I'm many things he's not.

We did not hide our faiths and beliefs from each other. 

5 years after leaving Funtua, we still keep in touch.

We were only together for few months, but he won my affection. We became great friends!

It is not our religious difference that make us fight one another. It is our lack of understanding and negative attitude.

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment