Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose...

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.
H3C titles are also available from most of your favorite online retailers including Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords, as well as many others.

African Books Collective

African Books Collective
Order Human Change Communications Company titles from our UK distributor, African Books Collective.

Enjoy a wide variety of best-selling books and magazines from Nigeria's Largest Digital Library

Thursday, July 30, 2020

EXCERPT: Work in Progress titled, LOVE BIRDS

By Omoruyi Uwuigiaren

excerpt, book promotion, work in progress titled love birds by Omoruyi Uwuigiaren

I quickly gathered everything into the bag. Rose to my feet and walked to the door. Everyone had gone home. I needed to complete the task so that I would not have to start with it the next day. I was glad that I finally completed it. I put out the light, secured the door and gently went down the stairs. I had nothing to lose and nothing to growl over. My handbag carefully hung on my sagged shoulder as I walked to the gate. The guards on the night shift knew I was still around. The old administrative building faced the gate. The walls of the building had turned yellow with age. And was begging for renovation.

It was easy to see my office. As I approached the guards, one of them had thrown the gate open. Masking my frustration with a smile, I waved them goodbye and made the best use of my legs out of the premises. The gate slammed behind me. “Good night, Madam Lizzy!” the guard bellowed from the other side. “It is late. Be careful.”

“Okay sir. Good night,” I replied. I took a mighty heave, looked at every direction. Human activity had dropped considerably as darkness stared me in the face. With nothing better to do, I faced the way home.

As I walked briskly down the quiet road, hunger struck me with a dreadful sting. I had been famished all day. The task hindered me from tending to my stomach. At any rate, I could eat a house! I decided to stop at my favorite restaurant and settle for a befitting meal. When I arrived at the restaurant few poles away from my office building, my hope of a good meal crashed to the bare chest of the earth. They had gone home. There was no single soul in sight. I felt it was odd that the restaurant had closed too early. But when I glanced at my wristwatch, I realized that the day was far spent. Except if you run a night shift, you have no business opening by this time of the day. It was 11 pm. I decided to go home and eat dinner.

Human activity had reduced considerably. Sighed, I turned and walked away. I could easily count the number of road users as I walked to the bus stop. This was the first time I would be leaving the office so late. Sadly, I was too busy to check the time. With the frightening night staring at me in the face, hardly will I repeat this exercise again. It was high risk. I could hardly smell any nightlife. Perhaps, wrapped in darkness and now impossible for the ordinary eyes to see. My pair of legs carried me to the bus stop where I will connect a bus to my destination.

My pair of legs carried me to the bus stop.

“I am going to Oshodi,” I adjusted and replied him. My eyes travelled round the bus once again. I wanted to the sure that I was not walking into the hands of kidnappers or thieves. The days are evil. The presence of the police officer in the front passenger seat, made me feel comfortable that I was in safe hands. I swallowed hard and asked, “Are you going to Oshhodi?”

“Yes, we are going to Oshodi. If you are ready to go, you can join us,” the bus conductor said. He flashed a smile at me.

Without hesitating, I held my bag close to my body and walked briskly to the van. The conductor alighted and ushered me into the vehicle. The only space available was next to the men in the middle. So I sat next to them. The conductor joined us and slammed the door. He faced the man behind the wheel and said, “Move on, driver.”

Slowly, the driver engaged the gear. He slammed his leg on the accelerator and the vehicle rolled into the road.

 

 

Related articles



 Super insightful book by Daniel Kahneman entitled Thinking, Fast and Slow. This is a must read (or in our case, listen)!

To enjoy 3500+ nonfiction, click the link below

Read Daniel Kahneman's Thinking, Fast and Slow



Retire when you want


Retirement when you want: 

How to create your early retirement 

fund in a few years, withdrawable 

whenever you want and ten

 times higher than the state pension



"Retirement when you want it" is not a misleading 

promise presented by an ephemeral salesman in search of proclamations and publicity.


This book gives you in hand the infallible and tested method and all the tools to create in a simple and immediate way a life fund that is in all respects the biggest alternative to the state pension, with multiplied results and withdrawable when you want!


This is the FINAL SOLUTION that many people have hoped in vain to find for decades.


Massimiliano Acerra, is the pioneer of the "second job" of Italian employees.  His books are absolute best sellers in the sector.

He is the greatest European scholar of alternative methods for achieving independent early retirement.

He has devised the system "Retirement when you want” with the Capital box formula method", which is the concrete alternative to the state pension, a method officially registered with the Chamber of Commerce as an international trademark.

 

He is one of the founders of MIPAI, (International Movement for Independent Early Retirement), the first movement of people who use a "System" and a specific lifestyle with the aim of achieving retirement in a few years, independently.  It boasts thousands of followers.





Blinkist brings you the knowledge 
from top nonfiction, so you can learn anytime, anywhere. 
Start your free trial here



No comments:

Post a Comment