Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose...

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.

Human Change Communications Company books are available for purchase from our partners, Fiction4All.
H3C titles are also available from most of your favorite online retailers including Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords, as well as many others.

African Books Collective

African Books Collective
Order Human Change Communications Company titles from our UK distributor, African Books Collective.

Enjoy a wide variety of best-selling books and magazines from Nigeria's Largest Digital Library

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Ruyi's World of Books & Stories Interview with Author and former Associate Professor Urvashi Vats.




Q. How would you describe yourself? Tell us something about yourself, where you are based, and how you came to be a writer.

I am Urvashi Vats from Dehradun, Uttarakhand state in India. I am a career counselor, positive thinker, and author at Mirakee. I have Masters in Commerce, Masters in Business Administration (Human Resources) and Masters in Education (Educational Psychology). I had passion for writing since my college days. My first work was a poem titled, “Sister's Relation”. It was published as a note on Facebook. It encouraged me and made me love writing. I started my own blog called “Momspresso” on word press and blogger. Then I joined “QWERTY Thoughts”, “Women's Web” and “Youth ki Awaaz” so that I can develop as a writer. On QWERTY Thoughts, I write poems and stories and I am fortunate to have all my works published on QWERTY Thoughts platform. Now I have a book published there too. You can find my articles on “Women's web”, “Youth Ki Awaaz” and Momspresso”. My aim is to impact the world, especially women. I focus my writing on social issues as it affects women. However, I have worked as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty for Personality Development. You can find some of my quotes at “Your Quote app” and “Mirakee”. I have written 290 Quotes.  One of my articles was published at “Decent eNews”, an Australian News and Media firm. And recently my article on “Holistic Holi” was published in four leading newspapers in India. I have published four books. One is a fiction titled, “I am My Papa's Princess”. Others are Non-fiction (self help) and their titles are “Change Begins with Us” published by QWERTY Thoughts, Self Help Guide for Business Studies class X11 th CBSE Board, Self Help Guide for Business Studies class X1 th CSBE Board.


Q. What genre do you really write and have you considered other genres?

I write prose. This type of writing is broad and includes fiction and non-fiction.

Q. Tell us something about the books/contents that you have written or created and the story behind them.

I write books with the purpose of creating awareness about the importance of children, especially the girl child. I believe a child should have a great relationship with their parents. Most of my books, articles or quotes are about social issues as it concerns the girl child and I am proud that I have touched many lives through my published books.






 Q. What place does writing or content creation hold in your life? 

It means everything to me. I am enjoying every bit of it.

Q. What is your writing process, or a typical writing day routine?

I write daily whether a line, sentence or paragraph. I make sure I do something that will enhance my writing every single day. I dont have a specific time that I write. Once the urge comes, I write.

Q. What marketing techniques have been most effective for you? 

Promoting books on my own blog, sharing on social media like Facebook and Twitter, have been effective for me. Also QWERTY Thoughts have helped me do some good promotions on their website.




Q. What do you think makes a book or content sell, or makes a reader buy it? 

In my view, the content of the book and the publishing services which include proofreading, editing, fantastic cover image that makes it sell. Without any of these, the chances that a book will sell are very slim. Also, the book needs to have a good layout and be adequately promoted.



 Q. What's the most moving or affecting thing a reader has said to you? 

The most moving thing a reader said to me about my book was that it is really beautiful and heart touching story. The people who know the Indian mythology behind kanyadaan (marriage ceremony) definitely can't stay without liking it.

Q. What are your favorite three books, and why? 

My Favorite three books are:
1) You Can Win by Shiv Khera. It tells that if we have a positive attitude we can win no matter the circumstances.
2) Everything Happens For a Reason by Kate Bowler. It tells that we should always be ready to accept whatever happens in life. If anything good happens we should try to do our best and if anything wrong happens learn a lesson from it and move on.
3) 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. It tells that our values govern our behavior while principles ultimately determine the consequences.

Q. Who are your favorite three authors and what do you like the most about them? 

My Favorite three authors are:
1) Munshi Premchand: In his novels, he explained the critics of social issues in such an easy way. The message in the book resonates with everyone and I not surprised that he is a famous Indian novelist.
2) Swami Vivekanand: He writes quotes and books on the basis of his real experience in a simple way that has become an inspiration to many.
3) Harivansh Rai Bachchan: I like the way he plays with words. That is what endeared me to him.

Q. Tell us about the works that you are currently working on and their progress. 

Currently I am working on English and Hindi Poetry Anthology and a memoir about parenting.

Q. What challenges do you think are faced by writers and content creators like you, and what's the worst thing about the industry according to you? 

One clear challenge is lack of funds to promote books. Sadly some publishers don’t promote your book. Once they published your book, you are on your own. So, writers are left to do nearly everything that will make the book sell.

Q. Apart from writing, what goals do you want to achieve in life? 

I want to help women to know their rights, have a voice, and be free to air their opinion without any fear of intimidation, stigmatization, and backlash and be self dependence. It is possible for women to lead. I think more women are needed in the position of authority.

Q. Is there anything else you would like to mention?

My book, “Change Begins with  Ourselves” was nominated for Readers Choice Awards 2018 and 2019. It was also 2018 Editor’s Choice at Qwerty Thoughts.










Q. Where can we find you or your works?








RELATED ARTICLES





No comments:

Post a Comment